Re: Re: Volsaxiland

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 09:30:32 +1300

At 12:31 PM 12/19/2005 +0000, you wrote:

>Agreed? What proportion of the Volsaxa would be Aeolian by religion?

         The Church of St. Aeol is found mainly in cities along the coast
         of the Choralinthor Bay. Membership is lands surrounding those
         cities is common, but almost nowhere complete. The highest
         concentration is in southern Heortland. Almost a third to a half
         of the entire adult population there is in the church

         http://www.glorantha.com/hw/cultlong_aeolus.html

Hence most Aeolians would be in Karse which is in the hands of the Lunar Empire.

>In 1621 Baron Sanuel is in nominal control of the Volsaxi
>confederation isn't he. I have a need for him to be Aeolian. Is this
>possible for a 'Trader Prince'?

I don't know what the nature of the need is but if he wants to be friendly to the Aeolian Church, he can be. By way of historical analogy, Sanuel's position would be just the same as if he were a catholic prince set to rule a protestant or orthodox nation and vice versa. Some princes would convert but not all.

I should also point out that there are other types of Malkioni in Heortland than just the Aeolians and the Baron would find it wise to be friends with them than just the Aeolians.

--Peter Metcalfe