Re: Volsaxiland

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 00:51:04 -0000

Hi all

First off, thanks for all the info, its been great.

> >Agreed? What proportion of the Volsaxa would be Aeolian by
religion?

Peter:
> The Church of St. Aeol is found mainly in cities along
the coast
> of the Choralinthor Bay. Membership is lands surrounding
those
> cities is common, but almost nowhere complete. The highest
> concentration is in southern Heortland. Almost a third to
a half
> of the entire adult population there is in the church
>
> http://www.glorantha.com/hw/cultlong_aeolus.html

The heroes disembarked at Salt Point. I played it that they are pretty much all Aeolian, even the ordinary freemen. I portrayed the Aeolians as considering themsleves apart from the Hendrekei based on their rejection of Orlanth and Veneration of Aeolus, although they are the same basic racial stock.

Peter:
> Hence most Aeolians would be in Karse which is in the hands of
> the Lunar Empire.

Yes thats fine. I have the Aeolians being somewhat intrigued but somewhast fearful/cautious of the Lunar empire. This is based on my understanding of the article that apeared in the Heortland special of Tradetalk.

Me:
> >In 1621 Baron Sanuel is in nominal control of the Volsaxi
> >confederation isn't he. I have a need for him to be Aeolian. Is
this
> >possible for a 'Trader Prince'?

Peter:
> I don't know what the nature of the need is but if he wants
> to be friendly to the Aeolian Church, he can be.

I wanted to have him be related to an Aeolian NPC so that later in the campaign the players can become instrumental in the Baron's shift from the Lunar side to the Sartar side - if they drive the story that way.

Peter:
> I should also point out that there are other types of Malkioni
> in Heortland than just the Aeolians and the Baron would

I have hinteds that Refuge is free of Lunars due to it being a Brithini controlled port. Sure they have representation there but they don't call the shots. Having said that the players took the salt point landing option!

Regards
Rob