Re: Challenging Humakt

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 07:25:21 +0000 (GMT)

> > Thinking about how Humakt's been defeated in the
> past,
> > you may be best off looking at the "Eurmal nicks
> > Death" approach, and just hoping the consequences
> get
> > delayed a bit.
>
> You'll have to have your Eurmali skills way up there
> too.

Yeah :(

I'm just guessing that Humakt's "spot thief" is lower than his "kill things". Maybe doing things this way you'd "only" need to get your skills up to W15 or so, not W20.

> And who is going to trust Eurmal to tell the right
> things to do, the right place
> to be, the right challenges to make...

He isn't. Make up your own story, just make it one about stealing, not fighting. Desemborth, or someone like that, as a rolemodel. If you're ready to take on Humakt, you shouldn't be worried about your HQing being slightly experimental.

The problem comes when you get to go up against Humakt's "deal with thief once identified" ability.

Me:
> > Though if Harrek came back with an actual skin to
> be
> > worn, doesn't that mean he was on the HeroPlane,
> not
> > the God Plane? Or did he get an ability of "have
> skin
> > like big white bear"?

Greg:
> The White Bears are extinct (out competed by trolls)
> and they were when he went
> after this guy too. But he brought a white skin with
> him, of course, came back with The white skin.

So that was a GodPlane quest? Or HeroPlane?

And I wonder how he got the white skin of an extinct bear: by doing the same quest at Practice level, perhaps?