Re: Thunder Rebels

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 11:32:42 -0000

> There is an inherent conflict between making a believable well
> thought out coherent context, such as Thunder Rebels attempts for
> the Sartarites (and, in my opinion anyway, succeeds), and
> integrating our modern-day desires/requirements for an egalitarian
> society (*).

Whoops, left out the footnote (*).

Prax culture is as, or more, rigid than Dara Happan as regards genderroles  though less hung up about it. Carmania, the Malkioni in general, Kralorela, Pent etc. are all male dominated. Esrolia is female dominated to an extent not found in any real-world culture. And Trowjang too, if my memory serves me.

A fantasy world that works as well as Glorantha is derived from our myths - many of which we don't even conciously recognise as such. If Greg and the other writers indulged modern desires/rationales/idealogies too much then Glrantha would feel plastic and thus many of us would lose interest.

regards,
Charles