Re: Mtyhs and quests for Chalana Arroy

From: neil_wimp <neil_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 19:15:30 -0000

> Other afflictions might not be caused directly by hostile
entities,
> but by some magical curse that the victim - or their ancestors -
have
> incurred. Perhaps Old Grandmother cut reeds from the river
without
> asking permission from its guardian, and now every spring her
> descendants who live too near the river come down with fever.
Solving
> this would be a bit like a detective puzzle, trying to discover
what
> the ancestors did wrong, and then finding a way to appease the
river
> guardian.

I did something very similar for my group a while ago: it was in the context of a Zola Fel heroquest, but one of the PCs was a CA healer and had to find the cause of the _mal_aria_ coming from the growing swamp nearby. I wrote it up at
http://home.freeuk.net/wimp/roleplaying/cleansed-one.html .

Also, the "Masters of Luck and Death" book has a section on healers and running a healer-based campaign.

Finally, there's no reason that the healing has to be purely physical. I've had much fun with plots involving people trying to heal feuds and dysfunctional relationships, and getting sucked into all sorts of problems as a result.

Neil.