Re: Mtyhs and quests for Chalana Arroy

From: donald_at_...
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 18:25:14 GMT

In message <e4a91u+ku7r_at_...> "Graeme P. Bell" writes:

>Thing is, I'm struggling for Chalana Arroy based (or even compatible)
>heroquests. CA seems to always be sidelined by the "real" protagonists
>in most quests I've found.
>
>Can anyone help me with some myths, or better, heroquests, suitable
>for a newbie-friendly, Chalana Arroy based campaign.

Most Chalana Arroy HQs are about healing someone or something. Equally, in Glorantha, major healing will usually involve a HQ of some sort. Of course the biggie is resurrection but when Olaf is kicked by a cow and is bleeding internally that's a HQ to find the source of the bleeding and stem the flow so it can heal. Then there are HQs for healing minds, places and things.

Storm Tribe gives a brief description of the initiation and the resurrection HQs if you can get your hands on a copy.

Also think about CA's motives in "supporting" other HQs. E.g. from Orlanth's viewpoint CA helps him in the Lightbringers quest. From CA's viewpoint she is questing to heal her mother (Glorantha) and Orlanth's squabble with Yelm is just part of the problem.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/