Re: Godlearner Book, etc

From: Osentalka <Osentalka_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 09:13:29 +0200

Hello Peter

with these two books is REALLY no harm done when they are published in only 15 copies.

Greg HAD to write the texts to help out Robin Laws (for writing "Glorantha - the Second Age" for Mongoose) with source material he could base his writings on. About 50 % of the information of these two booklets (this godlearner book, and itīs counterpart that will be available in limited copies at Continuum) will be rephrased available in Robins Glorantha book. And, as Greg and Rick said, there will be another Work in Progress will ALL the information in it.. only with different layout and some minor changed... who knows, maybe they will ADD something???

I am with you in your idea that all information should be available to EVERYONE, but i also like to get something special at a convention... even it is only special by layout and/or having it before an official publication is out. :-)

IMHO it is IMPORTANT that not to much information is hidden in to-hard-to-get publications or for-special-peoples-eyes-only documents, because the normal gamemasters/players/readers are the main source of future gloranthan authors! If they donīt have access to all the important informations they will not be able to write correct gloranthan supplements.

So i am sure that Greg and Rick will make sure that these informations will be available to the whole gloranthan community soon. But PLEASE let us collectors and fan(atic)s our fun with auctions, special limited publications, and unpublished manuscripts.

Cheers

André

  At 10:30 PM 6/13/2006 -0500, you wrote:

>This is only mine own drunken opinion, Peter, but it seems like you
>actively resent that Gloranthan esoterica is being made available on a
>limited basis, even if thye exact same damn material is eventually going
>to be made available to anyone who wants to pay for it.

  But the exact same damn material isn't eventually going to be   made available. The material is too esoteric to be put in a   gameable product (which is why the other unfinished works   still are despite the oldest being over a decade old) and there's   the explicit denial that any more will ever be published.

  --Peter Metcalfe