Re: Godlearner Book, etc

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 22:55:01 +1200

At 09:13 AM 6/14/2006 +0200, you wrote:

>with these two books is REALLY no harm done when they are published in
>only 15 copies.

That they exist in fifteen copies _is_ the harm.

>Greg HAD to write the texts to help out Robin Laws (for writing "Glorantha
>- the Second Age" for Mongoose) with source material he could base his
>writings on.
>About 50 % of the information of these two booklets (this godlearner book,
>and itīs counterpart that will be available in limited copies at
>Continuum) will be rephrased available in Robins Glorantha book.

So you know the text of Robin's glorantha book? Or are you just guessing? I do happen to know that the text of what Greg writes as source material is not "rephrased" for use in an introductory material but rather used as a source of ideas. I used the Entekosiad, the Fortunate Succession and the Glorious ReAscent extensively for the Glorantha: Intro and others have used those sources similarly for ILH-1. In both cases, the amount of Greg's material that actually gets used is closer to 5% rather than 50%.

>And, as Greg and Rick said, there will be another Work in Progress
>will ALL the information in it.. only with different layout and some
>minor changed... who knows, maybe they will ADD something???

Neither Greg or Rick has said anything of the sort. The only information that we have is this text won't be reprinted ever again on the Ebay page. Greg may make big noises about it being republished commericially but those among us familiar with his production schedule and actual releases emit hollow laughter at this point.

>I am with you in your idea that all information should be available to
>EVERYONE,
>but i also like to get something special at a convention... even it is
>only special by
>layout and/or having it before an official publication is out. :-)

But that's just it. Look at the Ebay page. It (and the other text) are not going to be reprinted. Ever.

>So i am sure that Greg and Rick will make sure that these informations
>will be
>available to the whole gloranthan community soon.

Soon as in "next year"?

--Peter Metcalfe