Re: Re: Household Goddesses

From: donald_at_...
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 16:06:31 GMT

In message <20060706072217.1z4mgde02kx4og0s_at_...> Greg Stafford writes:
>YGWV
>
>Quoting donald_at_...:

>> Only a really hidebound clan
>> would insist on a woman reeve being Vinga Harst or a male reeve
>> being Nandan Arnna.
>
>I dont't think either Don or Roland thinks there is truth in that
>statement, but I do want to seize the moment to address something
>implied here.
>
>Issaries is not gender specific, nor is Arnna specificlly female. I
>don't even think a hidebound clan would require such. Furthermore,
>this seems to imply that membership in one cult requires membership in
>another unrelated one, which doesn't happen anywhere that I know about
>(subcults are not unrelated.)

I've probably gone off track somewhere here but although Issaries is not gender specific Orlanth is. Now when a subcult like Harst is a subcult of both Issaries and Orlanth which rule applies? That's especially relevant as I recall statements to the effect that women only have access to Orlanth subcults through Vinga. So Kallyr is Vinga Dar rather than Dar or Orendana and subsequently Vinga Rigsdal although Rigsdal seems to have no gender requirement.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/