Re: Dragon Pass

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 22:03:42 -0000

True but I would add a note of caution here before folks read this as "Dragon Pass refers to all this obscure publications I cannot get hold of". Dragon Pass drew from Greg's own works and campaign as a primary source and then we strove to ask the people who had done fan work on certain areas to write up the entries for those areas and use their ideas where that did not conflict with what Greg knew.

But while Dragon Pass may be compatible with what has appeared in some excellent fan publications it doesn't imply that those works are now canon beyond the details of what appear in Dragon Pass. Dragon Pass is for example compatible with the material that I wrote for UW in Wintertop's Shadow, but that doesn't make that supplement canon beyond what is within Dragon Pass. A later author for Moon Design might write something compatible with DP but better than IWS and that version would then become canon.

Some folks get really worried about this, but I wouldn't. One day something will appear that conflicts with parts of Red Cow. It won't mean we had any less fun playing there. I'm sure Greg's own Temple of the Wooden Sword game now differs from how he sees Glorantha too.

> So again, it's worth asking if you want to know more
> about something.

But yes its always worth asking, just don't let that restrict you.