New Law War?

From: Santo Sengupta <s.santo.sengupta_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 23:45:57 -0400

Namaste All:
My Glorantha campaign is currently centered in Teshnos, and I'm interesting in seeing the Hero Wars start in earnest in that region. Timeline wise, the game is currently set in Fire season of 1623, and Orlanth is still quite dead. The Wolf Pirates are currently raiding coasts of Verenela, and change is in the air.

On page 14 of HeroQuest, there's a map with little "teasers" for the events of the Hero Wars. For Teshnos, it displays the rune for Teshnos and Kralorela, and states: "The New Law War: Ancient deities transform themselves to overcome grim foes that rise from the Deep Mysteries."

Some of my thought and questions on this:
* I presume the "Old Laws" are the Laws of Chal, and represent the
current dominant orthodoxy that prevails in Teshnos.
* I'm not sure where these New Laws are coming from. Perhaps they are
ways of foreigners, who have brought so much trouble to Teshnos before.
* What ancient deties? Are they the Five Fiery Forms, are perhaps
even more ancient ones? This region was reigned over at some point by Osdero/Metsyla, the Eagle Phoenix Emperor, before he met his end at the hands of watery Antigods.
* Transformation into what? Will a new Fiery Form be revealed?

--
-Santo
"Aum Shanti Shanti Shantih."