Re: Orlanth Heroquesting during OiD

From: Simon Hibbs <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 10:17:08 +0100

RR:

>Yes, Orlanth is Illuminated, he has been since before Time. So is Yelm, and
>Ernalda, and quite a few of the rest of the gods (and Great Spirits, and
>Essences...). Just not in the Lunar way. (yes, there is Illumination and
>there is Illumination!)

That's exactly my point. He's already Illuminated, but if the Lunars realy want to get at him they
need to put him back through the heroquest so they can bushwhack him. In fact he is forced
to allow himself to be bushwhacked if he wants to complete the quest. He has no choice.

Remember, the Lunars have form when it comes to ambushing enemies performing self-resurection
quests on the Heroplane. They've had practice. But this time it's not to wipe him out, oh no, it's
much more devious than that. It's the Sevening of Orlanth.

Oh, yes and all that stuff about the beuraucracy and the army. Sure, whatever. Your'e forgetting
something, the Empire is expendable. The Orlanthi destroy the Empire, fine, it's corrupt and decadent
and it's time has come. Argrath casts down the Moon, sure.

The Red Moon is Sedenya's Footstool. What happens when you kick away someone's footstool?

Their feet touch the ground.

Simon

Simon Hibbs
Senior Support Engineer (Ericsson)