Re: Re: Flying Magic in HeroQuest

From: CJ <cj_at_...>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 14:37:22 +0100

 Forgive me, because I am away from my books at the moment and can't recall the correct game terminology, but I seem to recall one of my players asked for, and I granted him, a Horse which could "Run on Wind". It was a companion level 2pt beastie, and could talk, run on wind, and crave turnips as it's three abilities. Unfortunately I only allowed him to run with the wind, ie. in the direction it was blowing, which slightly restricted the utility. Judging by the concern about flying magic here, should i have denied the player this for his starting hero? They got round the wind direction by the Hedkoranth godi calling up winds as required: I seem to recall he could wealk on wind as well, and did so frequently!
cj x