Re: Writing for HeroWuest (and Questworlds)

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 23:54:06 +0100 (BST)

> In message <000e01c6d025$5bab05e0$42602e52_at_lisa>
> "CJ" writes:
>when I see the level of Gloranthan
> >scholarship on this list, and on Glorantha list, I
> usually feel quite
> >ignorant. I also suspectthere may be more
> Gloranthan lore I am just not
> >privy to, published in formats I may be unaware of?

Oh, probably, but if it isn't out and available to the public (like you) it hardly matters if you clash with it. The customer won't know.

Donald says, very sensibly:
> If you're look at
> what's published it is almost all about a tiny part
> of the world. So
> as soon as you decide on the topic you're
> immediately reduced to a
> manageable list. You then find just how many gaps
> there are and ask
> on this list or the Glorantha digest if anyone has
> any relevant
> campaign notes or similar they're prepared to share.
> That'll also
> bring to light the obscure stuff because someone
> will remember an
> article published ten years ago in some magazine or
> con book
> which is relevant. If no one remembers it, it was
> either not very good or as been superceeded.

And I'd add to that that you might want to ask if the Subject Experts want to work with you. If they provide the knowledge, you provide the time and writing skills, between you you can produce your book.

So, what areas do you feel inspired to write about?

Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to use" � The Wall Street Journal http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html