MoLaD on the march!!!

From: Newt Newport <mrnewt_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 12:07:14 +0100

Howdo

Well the Masters of Luck and Death, the officially supported fan HeroQuest demo group, has been quiet of late. No more!!! After regrouping at Continuum in July there's a whole bunch of news that I'ld like to tell you.

New US Team Leader
It is my pleasure to introduce that powerhouse of stateside demoing and HeroQuest evangelist Mike Holmes as the US Team leader. Mike is the chap you need to contact if you live in Canada/US/South America and you want to join the MoLaD.

Support for Mythic Russia
After talking with Mark Galeotti at Continuum, were the game was officially released, the MoLaD are pleased to announce that we shall be running games of Mythic Russia alongside our HeroQuest games. Several games ran at Continuum by Neil Smith and myself. The quick two hour demo adventure I ran on Friday night, "Into the Dark Forest" will soon be available as a download including pregenerated characters.

Furnace 28th - 29th October 2006 Sheffield UK As well as D&D, Burning Wheel, Call of Cthulhu this small two day convention has a strong HeroQuest line up with games set both in Glorantha and in other settings, run by MoLaD members.

Glorantha.
The Return of Pavis (Sat Afternoon) - Play movers and shakers of New Pavis, in the run up to the wedding of the city god Pavis into the Lunar panthenon.

A Door to Doom (Sun Afternoon). Play an epic level Gloranthan hero, transported to the worst place in Glorantha. Dorastor Land of Doom! Ralzakark King of the Broos wants to play…

Mythic Russia - Claws of the Wolf (Sat morning) The Teutonic Knights invade your homeland of Lithuania. King Kęstutis sends you to the frontier to help Aras Wolfhead a local noble repel the Teutonic raiders.

Serenity -Echos in the Black (Sat afternoon) & The Quick and the Dead (Sun morning) Darran Sims' take on Joss Wheldon's Sci-Fi series.

Ultraviolet- Mundus vult decipi (Sat Evening). Remember the Channel 4 Tv series about Vampires that ran in the late 90s? Darran Sims will be running this game which blends that horror setting with the HeroQuest game engine.

Hawkmoon - A Year and a Day (Sun Morning). Longtime friend of MoLad, Continuum organiser, and Eternal Champion Champion Lawrence Whitaker runs this HQ game set in Micheal Moorcock's fantasy Europe setting.

+ The Glory Geeks will be attendance running miniatures wargamming set in Glorantha all weekend !!!

Visit www.rpgfurnace.com for more details. There's an absolute limit of 50 places, and tickets are selling fast!

CONcrete Cow 06 Milton Keynes UK
Myself, Neil Smith and Rob Davis will be in attendance at this one day convention organised by Milton Keynes role playing club.

Visit http://wiki.mk-rpg.org.uk/index.php/CONcreteCow06 for more details.

Future cons
No definite plans as yet, but MoLaD Europe will be out in force at the following cons.

Dragonmeet ( www.dragonmeet.com) Sat 2nd Dec Kensington Town Hall, London UK

Conception ( http://conception.modus-operandi.co.uk/ <http://www.conception.co.uk>) Wednesday 31st January 2007 until Sunday 4th February 2007, Naish Holiday Village in Highcliffe, Christchurch, near Bournemouth UK

Tentacles ( www.tentacles-convention.de) Castle Stahleck Germany

Gen Con UK (www.genconuk.com) Thursday 30th August 2007 to Sunday 2nd September 2007, University of Reading UK

MoLaD website soon
I'm currently putting together a website for the MoLad , which will include the conventions that we are attending, contact details, articles and reviews.

Regards

;O)Newt