Re: Starting a group...

From: donald_at_...
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 19:21:48 GMT

In message <394911.13016.qm_at_...> Jane Williams writes:
>The GM:
>>> I'd quite like to find some myself,
>>> come to think of it, so I could raid them for
>>> Lunar NPCs to drop into more Sartarite areas.
>
>The player:
>> If you do that we'll just have to kill 'em
>
>that's the trouble, you're killing them faster than I
>can invent interesting new ones! Though the hasty
>production of an NPC with one keyword: "Recurring
>Villain 10W2" did keep things going for a bit.
>
>(No, really. I did. We've expanded on that a bit
>since, but the Recurring Villian keyword includes
>things like "Amulet of Escape" and "hang around long
>enough to hear the hero's speech").

You want some who aren't villians. Perhaps they share some of the PCs objectives or perhaps some of the PCs childhood friends have converted to the Lunar way for good or bad reasons. Then there's the overwhelming force from someone the PCs really don't want to fight. Say a tribal king who's generally supportive but doesn't want them to kill Lunars on the tribal lands.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/