Re: A hopefully quick Sartar Yelmalio question.

From: donald_at_...
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 20:50:13 GMT

In message <ene11q+7bvi_at_...> "Bryan" writes:

>A quick reference question. It is probably in the books somewhere,
>but we recently moved and my game materials are still in a box somewhere.
>
>What tribe or tribes occupied the Amber Flats before they were given
>to the Yelmalio?

The entry from Dragon Pass for the Amber Fields says they were taken from the Kitori by King Tarkalor after the Yelmalions helped him defeat them.

>A couple of follow on questions that may or may not be in the
>reference material, but perhaps some sage on here would know:
>- Were the tribes compensated with land elsewhere for what was lost
>(i.e. were tribes shifted around, compressing where they lost clans or
>large number to the Yelmalio).

Unlikely, see above.

>- Have the Yelmalio inherited the fine Heortling traditions of cattle
>raiding and feuds? Or do they try to stand above that? (for that
>matter, are the Amber Plains Yelmalio one homogeneous group, or do
>they have two or more tribes (or analogous groupings) of their own?

They are described as a single tribe. Given they are of Heortling ancestry I would expect them to maintain traditions which don't conflict with their religion.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/