Re: Backstory skills

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 15:15:32 +0000 (GMT)

> Mike Holmes
>
> >From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_ btinternet. com>
> >
> >I have always assumed that this represents the speed of progression whist
> >doing your daily tasks. If the heroes are taken out of the daily routine
> >can they learn faster 2-3 pts per year?
>
> I've done this in play, making the same assumption. If the character is
> living through "interesting times" I see this as a good excuse to
> potentially ramp up the advancement quite a bit. I had a six month period
> where I gave 5 points out, for instance, ten times the usual rate.

I've been giving out 1 per season for each season they aren't distracted by outside issues and are dedicated to training. I have 3 guys training to be weaponthanes, given as a new keyword extending the warrior one, generally only tactical and leadership type skills.

Otherwise maybe one per year as "normal" development.

Gavain