Re: Odayla vs UrruYoo

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_...>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 10:00:50 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks all for your responses and interesting discussion.

> However given that
> the Lunar way provides access to spirits without the penalties of
> misapplied worship I'd suggest there's a Lunar cult which provides
> equivelent access.

Yes, the spirits would have to come from a Lunar spiritist. I'd not thought of that option.

> >The authorities have been very succesful in switching worshipers away
> >from Odayla. This would suggest that there are few detrimental effects
> >of switching ie loss of accumulated spirit charms. The swapping of a
> >Hide affinity for Otherworld affinity would be a good thing especially
> >for Sylila hunters living close to Dorastor.

> Probably because it happened over several generations. I'd suggest as
> few as 5% of hunters converted at the time of the initial revealation.
> However a combination of practical incentives (tax concessons and
> special prices) and spiritual assistance (more preceptors than shamens
> to make charms available) will have gradually persuaded people to switch.
> The cult differences are probably marginal to most hunters.

So the spirit help could be just another incentive to embrace the Lunar Way. As such it would be probable that only the most Lunarised hunters would have easy access to beast charms. I like that as a view.