Re: Re: Enchanting?

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 13:59:40 +1100 (EST)

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, donald_at_... wrote:

> One problem with it though, only an obscure subcult of
> Humakt can enchant bronze. It's easier to find someone
> to enchant iron. Given that many clans have only a single
> smith, even if we allow Inginew to be a subcult of Gustbran
> as well as Humakt you are talking about maybe one person in
> an entire tribe. I suspect Gustbran should also have Enchant
> Bronze as a feat. Even then the smith won't necessarily have
> time to do the work for you what with armour for the warband
> and tools for the farmer.

Errr - am I missing something? I thought the enchanting was to make them usable. Usable in the sense of (for all except iron) as good as bronze. So not a lot of need to enchant bronze. Actually I wonder why you'd need to at all. And enchant iron is to sounteract the magic blocking properties. Magic bronze swords made a different way, so not much call for enchant bronze, so no problem if it's obscure knowlegde.

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_...