Re: Re: Death of Orlanth

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 07:30:36 +0100 (BST)

> --- In HeroQuest-RPG_at_yahoogroups.com, Jane Williams
> <janewilliams20_at_...> wrote:
> >
> > > Orlanth is
> > > inextricable linked with Ernalda, and vice
> versa.
> >
> > Except in places and times where he's just one of
> her
> > many husband protectors, yes, or where she's
> married
> > exclusively to someone else (like Yelmalio, for
> > instance).

Nils:
> I think that's where your arguments zoom past each
> other: Jane
> writing about Ernalda, Glorantha-wide, Jeff about
> Ernalda as known exclusively by the Heortlings.

To some extent you may be right: but Ernalda taking sub-husbands while Orlanth was outlawed is right there in Heortling mythology. In fact, it's the main Vingkot story, and so VERY relevant to Broyan, since he's an intense Vingkot worshipper.

And Yelmalio is, I believe, worshipped in the Sun County in Dragon Pass, presumably in much the same way as in the "original" (in the RW writing sense rather than Gloranthan historical) Sun County, which is right there in the middle of that 200-mile dead zone.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/