Re: Re: where's the Scenario?

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:03:00 -0400

Two responses leap to mind here.
  1. If the PCs have a decent relationship to each other, you just need 1 person to be linked. (This is assuming party play)
  2. I remember lots of scenarios in my Halcyon DnD days that had a section up front that said "How to get the PCs involved" and offered a bunch of possible hooks that made sense, giving some suggestions to the GM, who could pick one that would work with their group (or need only slight modification).

I think in many ways, those linear party adventures were easier to write, because one only needed to get the players to the starting line, of course.

Personally, I have liked how things like Masters of Luck and Death had "scenario ideas" (basically bangs in Forge speak) right in the book.

I must admit to having been fond of the Seventh Sea scenario construction of "key scenes" with other fun possible scenes stuck in. (Mind you, the plot of those opening three books involved prodding the PCs to move with a very big pointy stick.)

I've been thinking of taking the basic Clock of Night and Day adventure I did in my Karse game and try turning it into a scenario in light of this discussion. NPCs with differing motivations had reason to try and get it - allowing the PCs to be dragged in no matter what side they are on.

LC