Re: Let's show rather than tell (was Re: Preparing for play, how I do it)

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 14:05:24 -0400

That's something I've never gotten. There's these "perpetual orgy" comments on Darjiin - but then everything I've seen (which is little, and only post HQ) doesn't seem like that at all! It seems far more "dark sensual/unafraid of the body" stuff - which I could see freaking out the Dara Happans, I guess...

And yeah, I get a similar idea.

Where I've seriously considered tackling includes Holy Country, but that is so frought with shifting ideas of what the Heortlings/Esrolians/Esvulari are "really like" that it is hard to do.

The other place has to be up north along the river. (My mind blanks) Fronlea, where we have the Lunar Way without the Lunar Empire. THAT strikes me as truly interesting. Some solid Western influence, plus Orlanthi and norther Hsunchen, and Lunar Wayists.

I suppose you can use the big stick of the Kingdom of War to put pressure there, but I'd prefer keeping them stuck on Loskalm and go with either the Lunar Empire's attempts to re-absorb their wayward colonies, or something else entirely just dealing with the clashes among the cultures there.