Re: Re: Telmori in Heroquest

From: Lev Lafayette <lev_lafayette_at_...>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 14:48:26 -0800 (PST)

Firstly, thanks to Sam, Greg, Ian, TTrotsky, David and Benedict for their contributions...

There seems to sufficient evidence in previous Glorantha publications (e.g., RuneQuest's God's of Glorantha) that Telmori are resistant to the point of immunity bronze weapons, or pretty much any other weapon (except iron, pure rune metals etc). The spell in GoG in particular indicates the process, whereby it is through the fur that the magic gives protection (i.e., magical fur).

Something the spell does suggest however is that they are not immune to the normal physics of the world; they can be drowned, poisoned etc. Combined with Sam's suggestion that bronze weapons can be used to beat off a Telmori leads me to resolve this as follows.

I differentiate in my HQ game (and indeed in nearly all my rpg play) between use of an ability and its effect. Thus I will run normal contests between Telmori and others, but if their opponent wins the effects of the victory is changed. They may beat their werewolf away, they may even pummel the poor pup, or in very extreme cases they might even crush the creature. But the skin of the Telmori will not - and indeed cannot - be broken.

Anyway, that's how I'm going to run it. YHQMV ;-)

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping