Re: status of hq publications

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 15:48:15 -0000

> > > Given this, would switching to all-PDF publishing
> > be viable, or would
> > > it just make the situation even worse?
> >
> > You tell me - have you bought the PDF versions of
> > HHP, MSE, and the
> > other Moon Design products available through
> > DriveThru RPG? :)
>
> Not sure what those specific initials stand for, but
> taking it as a generic question, I've bought most
> things I wanted at all as PDF, including the ones I
> already had as hard-copy. If the RQ Classics series
> came out as PDF, I'd grab them.

HHP is History of the Heortling Peoples, MSE is Middle Sea Empire. Don't know what the abbreviation for our new book will be, but I am sure we will have one!

> The opposite does not apply: while having a
> ready-printed version to browse is a nice extra, its
> not one I'm willing to pay much for.

I haven't seen hard numbers recently, but in general print versions sell better than PDFs. They also cost a lot more time and money to put together and distribute.

Jeff