Moon Design Update on HeroQuest Publications

From: Rick Meints <rjmeints_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:36:38 -0000

Let me start off by thanking Jeff, John, Jane, JC, Simon, Mark, and others for their kind words of support. I am sorry for the delay in providing more detailed product updates. To help make amends, here is where Moon Design is at (apologies for anything overlooked):

Blood Over Gold - printed, but not getting through distribution very quickly. PDF is available on DriveThru.

Heroes of Malkion - in layout, cover is almost done and art is being coordinated by Simon Bray. This is one of the books I plan on having debut at Tenatcles this year.

HeroQuest Core Rules - David Dunham is coordinating the consolidation of final revisions for Robin to update into the manuscript. I want to get this done by Continuum, but may have preview versions at Tentacles, especially since Robin will be a GoH at Tentacles.

Elder Races: Elves - manuscript done. This is next on the 2008 HQ list after HoM.

Distant Shores - manuscript done. This comes after Elves.

Grand Argrath HQ Campaign - first draft being written.

Guide to Glorantha - draft about half written. I believe this is what JC is calling "Inside Glorantha".

Heortling Mythology - nearing completion by Greg and Jeff R. We hope to have this out for Tentacles.

Orlmarth Saga - Seattle Farmer book that will be out at or before Tentacles.

PDFs - Gloranthan Classics Volume I and II will be available as PDFs in March. Freeform Masterpacks, including Home of the Bold, How the West Was One, Life of Moonson, and Birth of the Goddess will go PDF too. King of Sartar (updated) as PDF in March or April.

There are also many projects still in the writing stages, including more Western material by Trotsky, Red Sun Rising by Newt, Caladraland by Stew, Far Point by John Hughes, and several others. Then of course there are about 5 projects being written for Questworlds...

Lastly, Moon Design is looking for specific types of help. Artists should please contact Simon Bray. We can't pay much, but we certainly are always looking for great artists. If you are good with word processing in MS Word, creating PDFs with Acrobat, and/or basic layout in InDesign, please contact me directly.

Hope that helps,
Rick Meints
Moon Design