Re: status of hq publications

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 14:03:55 -0000

Not that it necessarily helps Jane, but the 3 so called "Core Rulebooks" have been reissued in one volume as "Runequest Deluxe" - this also fixed some of the rules problems with the original printing.

Mongoose did take their printing "In house" for a while, which did lead to slightly larger books (one of the reasons given for the ultra-slim books was that the price charged by thier printer to add extra pages was such that the price rise to the consumer would have been to high). Unfortunately the physical quality of these books was less than wonderful (I've not seen any where the front and back covers lie parallel when the book is shut) with some apparently being dreadful. Mongoose have promised to replace any sub-standard books (and apparently have been) but in consequence the printing is now being outsourced again, so we will have to wait to see what this means for book sizes.

I can't say I'm a big fan of the MRQ rules either, so I'm avoiding any MRQ book that is not branded "Glorantha"

> Hmm, could Moon Design buy the non-rules content of
> their books and republish? Presumably not, but it
> would be nice.

As someone else pointed out, Shannon wrote both the MRQ and HQ Aldryami books. I don't know whether this couild be extended to other books - Certainly Rick should get Loz to write a Dragonnewt book for HQ! - It won't work for all books of course - since the 2nd/3rd Age split would make a HQ "Clanking City" or "Jrustela" book rather unlikely! Still, all this does is increase the number of books we are waiting for Moon Design to be able to produce :(