RE: Re: What's The Story? Under the Red Moon Challenge

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 23:29:52 +0000 (GMT)

He can be protective of his wife, *and* a warrior loyal to Kallyr: nice internal conflict there!

> I'm thinking of the story as the conflict between
> Kallyr
> and the various grain priestesses about if and how
> to carry this HQ out.

Yes.

> Knowing gamers the answer to the first
> question is yes but the second is completely up in
> the air.

They'll come up with something. Well, Kallyr will come up with something, but the rest might come up with something that'll work...

> To ensure all the players have a part to play in the
> HQ
> I'll assume the priestesses who are chosen to lead
> are expected to support the one who is.

We'll need a myth: yes, players can write one on the fly, but having one ready to go would be better. A nice Sartarite equivalent that crosses the path of the Lunar one. Maybe a gender-neutral Sage PC as well, to provide this sort of thing?

> > (Also, there may be male players, and we'd better
> give
> >them a character to play).
>
> I'm assuming some male players will take a female
> role.

Some may, but a lot of people don't like swapping genders in F2F.

> Indeed I expect many female gamers will be reluctant
> take grain priestess roles assuming that they'll end
> up subservient to the warrior characters.

Maybe... when are you setting this? Pre-Dragonrise, or post? It makes quite a difference to Kallyr's position w.r.t. the priestesses. Make it pre, maybe even back before 1619, she's got a lot less influence, they get a fairer share of the action.

> >> which means Kallyr gets Elusu as well as
> Ernaldesta,
> >> Insterid and Offir.
> >
> >Noooo! Not Elusu! No way! Can you imagine what
> having
> >a Trickster present would do to the plot?
>
> Hee, Hee, Hee. [evil GM laugh]

He's a follower, so the main PC gets to control him, not the GM. Are you absolutely sure you want this? [evil player laugh]
If so, don't bother writing the plot, you won't get near it.

> One thing that does need writing up is that ritual
> Kallyr has on her lap.

If that is the ritual, of course. I'm sure it isn't the whole of it.

> Perhaps she sees a need for a trickster in her
plans.

Someone suggested once that a Trickster can act as a "wild card" in a ritual, and can take any role equally well.

I've also heard that for real Change, you have to have a Trickster present: and given the apparent links between GLs and tricksters, I can believe it.

> The last freeform I played in had just seven
> players.

Sounds much better.

> Fifteen to twenty is manageable on an individual
> basis

Yes..... maybe.

> after that it's a matter of grouping people into
> factions.

And getting lost.

> Not to worry, this not going to get written as a
> freeform.

Fine.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
A Smarter Inbox http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html