Re: Re: Heroquest rules - Equipment

From: Olli Kantola <newsalor_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 18:53:59 +0300 (EEST)

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 simonbrayuk_at_... wrote:

> The essence of this is, without the equipment bonuses when a big bloke in
> plate armour wielding a great axe ran through the door, he was just another
> opponent, while in Runequest and Heroquest, he is a bloody nightmare! Somthing
> players should run from, and that is the order of my universe and why I use
> those bonuses.

In my HQ play he would not be so fearsome. He's in Pavis, during the hot summer, fighting in small quarters with a great axe. I would give a hefty bonus to a PC who would have equipment better suited to the situation. That is to say that I don't give out automatic bonuses with equipment, but consider them a part of the situation.

Wearing really cool & gaudy clothing while trying to convince a few beggars that you are all on the same side? No way your +5 clothes are going to be of any help. It's all situational.

Olli Kantola

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.