Re: Re: Heroquest rules - Equipment

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 17:19:08 +0100 (BST)

> In my HQ play he would not be so fearsome. He's in
> Pavis, during the hot
> summer, fighting in small quarters with a great axe.
> I would give a hefty
> bonus to a PC who would have equipment better suited
> to the situation.

Sounds like a RQ duel I remember with great joy: NPC Yelmic Rune Lord, in full plate, big shield, etc., v. my not-quite-an-initiate with no armour, spear and shield. Fire season, noon, and she kept him waiting. She started by throwing the shield at him, then just kept dodging and staying out of range until he fell over. First time I've ever seen the infamous Fatigue rules do something useful. It would have worked better in HQ (her "yell vulgar insults" v his "easily embarrassed"), but it was good.

> Wearing really cool & gaudy clothing while trying to
> convince a few beggars
> that you are all on the same side? No way your +5
> clothes are going to be
> of any help. It's all situational.

(nods) I've always said that *any* HQ ability is potentially a flaw. Any any flaw can be a help, too.

http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/