Re: OFFLIST: Re: Re: The Purpose of this List

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 07:11:46 +0000 (GMT)

>... Greg's acolytes are not foreign policy experts.

"acolytes"? what a word! Good choice, but yeuck.... and as I say, it would take a few seconds to ASK. You know, as in communicate....
> After all, Glorantha is an imaginary world whose author does not worry much about consistency;
Author, singular? There are a lot of Gloranthan authors. Most are pretty good. Those who do not even "worry" about consistency - well, if they're not consistent with Glorantha, not much point in reading what they write. So I don't. I certainly don't pay money for the "privilege". Whether or not your personal game is consistent, and to what degree, is irrelevant as long as you're having fun (you know what changes you've made, you can allow for them), it's when you're writing for the benefit of others that it becomes essential, otherwise the material isn't going to be usable. Anyway, we have BoG... and the new stuff coming up looks pretty good, too. I'm definitely hoping for example scenarios in the new rulebook, if only as examples of how the rules are intended to be used.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.