Re: Re:Gamers percieved issues with HQ/HW - a sample

From: donald_at_...
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 12:19:03 GMT

In message <330548.70203.qm_at_...> Jane Williams writes:

>> I think the irony is not that BoG addresses the plug and play
>>demands (as per CJ). The irony is a combination of the facts that
>
>> 1/ since the creation of HW it is the ONLY thing that addresses
>>those demands
>
>I thought Barbarian Adventures had some plug&play stuff? I don't
>generally use such things myself so I may be mistaken about how
>easily the "plug" bit fitted, but it looked that way: short simple
>scenarios?

Yes, Barbarian Adventures is that sort of scenario book. The problem with it was that it was available for such a short time between HW and HQ that it wasn't on the game shop shelves when needed. Even some people who were in touch with what was being published missed it.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/