Re:Gamers percieved issues with HQ/HW - a sample

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 16:07:29 -0000

> Has it actually been printed yet? While I'd desperately like to see
> it in print (the pdf is grand, but I'd love to hold it in my hands!),
> if HQ2.0 is more or less in the can, is there any chance that a couple
> of pages of conversions page to 2.0 could be tacked on to the back?
> (Or, at the risk of more delays or never seeing it come
> out....actually revised for 2.0?)

We might at some point have some updated numbers, but as David observed backwards compatability for the HQ scenarios and adventures is not really much of a problem. Most of the scenarios were actually written in a matter more appropriate to HQ 2.0 than HW/HQ.

Now Thunder Rebels and Storm Tribe do need to be updated for HQ 2.0 - AND that is exactly what Neil, Ian and I are doing.

> - A lot of what was put out for HW and HQ v1 strikes me as things
> you'd run as your second, or third, or seventy-ninth,
> campaign/characters. Take Barbarian Adventures, for example. There
> was a number of adventures highlighting the Heortling culture, but the
> biggest arc was the one where the characters accompany a group of
> healers. That was a great way to show another side of the
> Heortlings....but is that really where many people would want to
> _start_ their exploration of being a Heortling?

I agree completely. Pavis will have a story arc where you start as a new character and get involved in a LOT of stuff. And believe me, it is exactly the sort of stuff you would want to have a Pavis story arc cover.

Jeff