Re: Sorting out the PDF vendor

From: Viktor Haag <viktor.haag_at_...>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 12:21:32 -0400

2009/7/2 James Holden <jaholden_at_...>:
> One caution I'll mention to Guy's approach: I didn't pay for the
> download insurance with the original orders and instead of a "download
> reset" link, I have a "re-activate download" link in my receipt. To
> use that, it seems Plimus would like me to pay for the download
> insurance.

I also did not pay for "download insurance". Paying 6 dollars on top of a 20 dollar fee for the privilege of being able to use the fulfiller as a backup system seemed to me to be usurious. I'm pretty capable of managing my own backups.

> (For what it's worth, in my case, Plimus still has about eight or nine
> hours left in their "You'll get licensing information within 48 hours"
> time frame, so if by "licensing information" they mean download links,
> technically for me, they're not late yet, just slow.)

I understood the time frame was "2 to 6 hours" which was why I posted when I did. If it's in fact 48 hours, that's a different matter (and I feel rather long).

>From a service point of view, I would say that:

I do not know whether the choice of vendor will negatively affect Moon Design's bottom line or not. But I do know that, compared with IPR, this process is not nearly so user friendly, and so attracting new customers might suffer from the choice of fulfiller...

I feel I have nothing further to contribute on this issue, so I'll now just be happy with the game I've got, and will begin planning when to use it with one of my groups... 8)

--
V.