Re: Sartar Kingdom of Heroes vs the other published material

From: Kenrae <kenrae_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:33:52 +0100

> Re: Sartar Kingdom of Heroes vs the other published material
> Posted by: "Manuel MOLINIER" manuel.molinier_at_... manuelmolinier
>
> I ran a very good Starwars game using HQ2.0 and people really loved it. It's
> quite easy for them to visualize what someone with a keyword can do or not.
> In this case I confused them by giving them abilities and too much rules
> related details in the 1st place and all went better when I just told them
> to pick an archetype and go with it.
> I think it all depend on how knowledgeable the people are of the settings or
> the genre and unfortunately for us Glorantha is not even closely as famous
> as any hollywood blockbuster.
>
> Manuel

You too? I ran a Star Wars scenario on a Convention and everybody had a lot of fun. Nobody knew the rules at all beforehand (except me, of course).
I didn't even use pregenerated characters, I used the as-you-go creation method.

I was particularly fond of a droid character. All of his abilities were "systems". Combat Targeting System, Visual Detection System, Natural Language System and so on. Very funny xD.

Cheers,
-Sergi Díaz