Re: Re: Keywords only, or additional list of abilities?

From: Osentalka <Osentalka_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 23:18:30 +0100

I appreciate that every "Glorantha only" term will is describes in Sartar Book, and that future books will do that as well.

BUT being me, a someone that also runs gloranthan games at conventions, this is very nice, but not as helpful as a list.

When i run a HQ session at a convention, with 6 players, and pregenerated characters i will get into trouble.
It is very nice to have a description in the book but that doesn�t help me at the gaming table in that moment.
At a convention i don�t have the time to create a clan first. Neither do i have the time to describe every player what each term on their character sheet means (and while i explain the gloranthan terms to one of the players, it would be boring for the rest of them). The terms have to be self explaining OR i have to be able to explain them in one or two sentences. I was able to do that, when ability lists were attached to this keywords. It gets harder without them.

I thing that it might be useful to have a list of likely abilities for each (gloranthan?) keyword (the list doesn�t have to be exhaustive!).

I am not suggesting that this list should be in future Moon Design books. But to have this list SOMEWHERE (Moon Design website?) could be a nice tool.

Cheers

Andr�

.