Re: Re: Keywords only, or additional list of abilities?

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 23:15:51 +0000

L C wrote:

> John Machin wrote:
> >
> > With all due respect, the authors/designers are frequently the worst
> > people
> > to ask about useability in my experience. I am sure that things make a
> > great
> > deal of sense to you, and that you are able to articulate any
> confusion on
> > the part of your players with very little effort.
> >
> And, to be fair, until you or I have actually read the book, it's
> probably worth holding back criticism on questions of usability.
> I suspect, personally, that you and I have similar views on this, but I
> do think that is the sort of thing I can't judge in advance of seeing
> what we actually DO have.

I think it's best to think of the keywords in the book as being like 100-word character descriptions - underline the important bits and write them down as your list. It's a bit of a pain, but it's not actually un-doable. I don't think the information has been presented as clearly as it could have been (from the perspective of those who like lists, that is), but it is largely there for the extracting.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/