Re: Using HQ2 for Exalted?

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 13:40:21 -0500

Andrew.
A quick glance through the web on Exalted and it occurs to me that the main issue is going to be how to move away from resource management in the conception of everyone.

If I understand it correctly, you have Essence and casting charms expends Essence (you burn Essence for fuel to do cool things)

That is not easily simulated by HQ. A fixed track of ammo that you burn and manage as a resource is just NOT how things are done in the system. That being the case, you need to consider what to do about lists of powers that give you "this bonus for this amount of Essence spent". You need to look at it from another point of view to get at what the Exalted do and how they grow in power. (Which seems to be a major point of the setting - that they actually "level up" in power.)

LC