Re: Dungeon Bashing with HQ2?

From: andrew.d.scott_at_...
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 09:52:40 -0000

Agreed. I think atmosphere and pacing are crucial, with contests not just limited to regular combat. Crumbling bridges, waterlogged tunnels, elaborate traps protecting blasphemous idols; they all have their place.

One thing I'd like to include is the 'dungeon chase': an extremely extended pursuit contest with smaller, obstacle-related contests nested within it. Something along the lines of the Fellowship's flight from Moria, which is something one rarely sees in traditional subterranean RPG adventures.