Re: Re: Using HQ2 for Exalted? - Virtues

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 12:19:17 -0500

 This is interesting to me.
You see Limit as something players will avoid. One option, of course, is to make it be the central flaw. (They don't get to pick it.) I'm also not sure what you see it doing. This is what they roll against when they act against their virtue? Or push themselves too far in power? It's just a source of challenges to be resisted so they don't snap? If that's the case, does it even need a stat? Can't you just have anything that might push you to a limit require a roll to keep control, with the resistance set according to story needs? (You've been throwing perfects around? Have a "very hard" limit check.)

LC