Re: Question about Combat...

From: Bo <lorgryt_at_...>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 11:13:42 -0800

As I see it it is 3... but not like you have framed it. It is more like "I want to get into the cave but the broo is in my way." "The broo want's to stop you from getting in. We will do an extended contest." Then each action in the contest is rolled for and described till an outcome is found. It is the same as a more traditional combat but attack, parry and damage are inferred in the roll rather than done separately. A bad roll on both sides is testing and circling, a good roll on both sides is a hard fought exchange, etc.

Does that help?

If not, the book makes very good examples of this, so no worries about understanding it.

Bo