Re: Re: Pelorian forests

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <janjero_at_...>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 20:08:29 +0100

About this thread...

> > > PS. Howcome there doesn't seem to be any forests in the Lunar
> Empire? I know they don't get along with elves, but...

(snip)

> The aldryami may well be nursing their wounds though, waiting to
> raise the forests again, sowing seeds across Sylila and Holay in
> secret.
>
> Harald

I was realizing that being a woodcutter is a dangerous job in Glorantha: you are supposed to deal with a lot of magic, sentient entities usually not very friendly to humans. This fact should imply one of the following, IMO: either the keyword for woodcutter is an heroic one (imagine a herowars scenario: a group of workers disturb a dryad or a tribe of runners or an elf lord and risks severe retaliation on their community from the angered beings)
or the elves are very much tolerant about wood cutting.

Since I suspect the former (and it makes good for some scenario ideas), what are the cults/traditions supposed to deal with helping wood-cutters?

Ciao
Gian