Re: Re: Pelorian forests

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <janjero_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 12:54:20 +0100

> > Since I suspect the former (and it makes good for some scenario
> > ideas), what
> > are the cults/traditions supposed to deal with helping wood-cutters?
> >
> > Ciao
> > Gian
>
> Thunder Rebels. The Wood Friend subcult of Ernalda and Orstan the
> Carpenter of Orlanth spring to mind.
>
> Its not too dangerous being a woodcutter. The vast majority of forests
> in Dragon Pass at least, do not have elves. They are re-growth
> woodlands. As long as the local spirits and forest daimoines are
> appeased there is little trouble as long as you do not get too greedy.
>
> You only find elves in that nasty, deep Old Growth forests (looks out
> the window). There are none such forests in the Empire anymore, not
> even on the borders, it seems (Erigia and Rist being since destroyed).
>
> Jeff

OK, but Aldryami are Solar cultist and Solars are an imperialistic bunch. I think possible, nay likeable, that Aldyami clans periodically try and infest new woods. Maybe Lunars, nowadays, even help in this (secret) conspiracy: they rid themselves of annoying parasites and trouble the smelly barbarians with a new pest.

"Beorn Sharpaxe, as any morning in the last ten generations of his family, whistling a tune (from the famous bard Nick Scarlet's collection), strides to the fringes of the woods near his clan tula. Suddenly he realizes that something is amiss but it takes him some moments to understand what: he had never seen such a marvellous bird in "his" ticket. How could the little thing appear here today? Oho, the bird is singing a strange song. How melodious!
*th-thump*
(two green-fletched arrows strike Beorn's chest and he dies, smiling at the alien bird...)"

Ciao
Gian