Re: Moonboats

From: Nick_at_...
Date: Thu Sep 16 11:42:17 2010

Simon wrote:

> BTW I do think these boats are capable of carrying
> substantial forces - there were about 400 people on
> MY moonboat including passenger to military units
> and the ships crew and marines

We have always known that the moonboats can carry substantial numbers of troops - the first mention of them is in WB&RM re: rapid deployment of Lunar forces from the Heartlands.

Given that, big moonboats seem intrinsically preferable to lots of little moonboats because:

  1. Evil Empires should have BIG spaceships and similar (see the opening shot of Star Wars for confirmation);
  2. It's more enjoyable for player characters to shoot down, board, or otherwise kick in one BIG moonboat than to have to deal with a whole squadron of little ones.

But they can come in all manner of shapes and sizes, naturally. (It's just that some of them must surely be whoppers!)

> Physical Skills:
> Mental Skills:

Wot no buttock-baring lewdness?

Cheers, Nick