Re: Flying by the Glow of the Bat.

From: Adam Benedict Canning <dahak_at_...-online.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 12:58:42 +0100

> Message: 18
> Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 16:59:20 +1200
> From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>>
> Adam Canning:
>
> >One might have to use the Thanatari Darklight to hide the
> >Glowspots Glow.
>
> The glowspot is not a flame and thus Dark Light will not
> work.

Actual having checked is more that the Glow is magical. The other requirement is just that the Bat be inflammable.

> >Though that leads to another stranger yet question. Could
> >one Build a Temple of the Reaching moon onboard an
> >absolutely huge moon boat? Or underwater?
>
> The temple will have to be in connection with one another
> and if one fails, the downstream temples also go down.
> They aren't the equivalent of the Bat's glowspot.

Which is why in the end the Empire will require Floating, Flying or Submarine Temples of the Reaching moon.

You can't get the glowline to pamaltela any other way, there being a vast amount of sea in the way.

Someone in one of the Lunar Colleges almost certainly has the problem of working out how to do it.

> >Because otherwise
> >the Glorious Forces of the Incarnate Manifest Red Destiny
> >runs into a slight problem extending the Visible Proof of
> >Grace of the Goddesses Love to the other continents.
>
> The Red Moon is visible all over the world and her
> worshippers do not need the Glowline to demonstrate
> her grace (cf Western Reaches, Arrolia, Moon People
> of Kralorela, Yran worshippers).

But it makes them happy. There have been mentions here of units having special ceremonies to reasure troops going beyond the line.

To the average imperial it is obvious living inside the glowline is of benefit and a proof of the Red Goddess's love for her people.

The Red Moon is the Visible Proof of the Goddess's Power and thus a harbinger of the new and perfect order we can help her build. that is enough for the most faithful [and blessed they are too], but to achieve the new lunar order one must convert everyone and the Glowline is one of the best ways of doing so.

Adam
P.S. A nice priestess has come to take me away so I can contemplate the joy of oneness with the moon in a nice padded room. :)