Re: How many breasts on an Uz?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 10:33:49 +1200

At 13:26 2/06/01 -0400, you wrote:

>I've always found this odd. In modern days, multiple births are usually an
>effect of the Curse of Kin, and I believe Trollpak says that twins are
>treated as trollkin even if they look like trolls. OK, Gore and Gash were
>twins. Any other evidence that twins were thought of as a good thing in
>the Godtime?

You could try "a short note on Twins" (Uz Lore p16). The last two paragraphs read:

         The irony of [the trollkin curse] is the resultant downgrading
         of twins among trolls.  Twin births occur about 4% of the time
         naturally.  These births formed the nucleus of all the superior
         trollkin which were rescued from slavery.

         The Tales of Gore and Gash, twin brothers of the Godtime,
         had once made twins esteemed among trolls.  After the
         decision to rule twins trollkin, the trolls always said
         that Gore and Gash were Mistress Race trolls anyway.  That
         made all the difference in the world.

>Six breasts would surely only be needed for a litter of trollkin? Why
>would Mistress Race trolls have that many?

Last time, I looked, cows have four teats but I've never heard of cow triplets...

--Peter Metcalfe