Re: Re: Gods verus Spirits, and more.

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 12:06:34 +0300 (EET DST)

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, KYER, JEFFREY wrote:

> imagine if they are so huge. I can imagine something the size of a large
> dog living in my house. I can't imagine a dozen meat-eating ponies being
> readily supported by a single stead.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff

There's that of course. Id say your average Shadowcat / Alynx is about the size of a largish european lynx 20+ kg with the largest (and more divine) individuals weighing up to 40 kg.

Like a rural housecat, the Shadowcat doesn't really need much feeding. They roam about hunting a large part of the time, and mostly support themselves. The shadowcats also hunt with the odaylans and other human hunters, and recieve their cut from the kills.

You see the problem is, that the heorlings actually worship their Alynxes, and their gods sometimes speak through them.

This certainly seems to put them on a different level than the bobcat.

        -Adept