Re: Re: Gods verus Spirits, and more.

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 09:14:53 -0400

Mikko Rintasaari wrote:

> There's that of course. Id say your average Shadowcat / Alynx is about
> the size of a largish european lynx 20+ kg with the largest (and more
> divine) individuals weighing up to 40 kg.

You've been saying larger -- you've been saying Panther sized as they were in RQ. You can't have the arguement both ways.

> Like a rural housecat, the Shadowcat doesn't really need much feeding.
> They roam about hunting a large part of the time, and mostly support
> themselves. The shadowcats also hunt with the odaylans and other human
> hunters, and recieve their cut from the kills.

I suggest you look into the food consumption of a large cat again. Particularly if they are as active as all that.

> You see the problem is, that the heorlings actually worship their
> Alynxes, and their gods sometimes speak through them.

Not in my Glorantha. That seems a bit too outre. They are helpful and a companion of one's god/ess but that's partially because they are so useful. The gods might do so, but they might also speak through fire, wind blown leaves. The only example we have is the one from Cults of Prax and, frankly, divine companions are _far_ rarer than they were under RQ where every Runelord/Priest seemd to have some funky companion. Now, its much rarer and noteworthy. I like that. Makes them special and wonderful to have rather than expected.
Jeff

--
Jeffrey Kyer
BESI Interim Change Management (EP) / Consultant