Re: Bobcat Info

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 08:46:46 -0500

At 03:07 AM 06/07/2001, you wrote:
>On 6 Jun 2001, Peter Mcaveney wrote:
>
> > Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...> wrote:
> > > A bobcat is a small ... Shadow Cat that can grow big as a small
> panther ...
> >
> > Just to clear up what 'small' means, we're talking about a cat larger than
> > most dogs. The original shadow cat stats gave them a size of 10-25 kg
> and a
> > length of 70-120 cm; Lynx Rufus is 10-15 kg and 70-100 cm long.
>
>The thing that disturbs me is that the Shadow Cat is a profoundly
>magical crature, while a Bobcat is just a terran Cat. I wouldn't equal
>them.

What do you mean by "profoundly magical", here? They shimmer so that they're tough to hit, but otherwise it's pretty much like an appropriately-sized terrestrial wild cat. And different breeds of alynxes are different sizes, too. But I wouldn't say that alynxes have nothing in common with their terrestrial cousins.

Guy