Disciples actions during the Hero Wars

From: sigaud_at_...
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 13:12:35 -0000

Hi,

while reading Storm Tribe, I was dreaming about all these gods having disciple-level worshippers and the sheer might and power shown by some of them (like the Humakti killing villages or towns).

I was wondering about showing my player one of these strangely blessed people, and thinking about their influence on coming events (Brown Dragon, Whitewall ...)

If most (or even just a few) major gods/aspects tend to have half a dozen Disciples, that should give between 20 and a hundred (!) disciples roaming the Dragon Pass. (Even more if we consider that every magic system may have this kind of power, so Grazelanders, Tarshite or Uz should also have pretty powerful disciple-equivalents).

And I do not remember any disciple doing any thing during the coming Hero Wars (or at least the 1620s part of it). So :

If not, why ?
- We see no disciple, because they were developped only a few years
ago so old sources can't exhibit them (so, will they act now ?). But then, the Runelords of old, seems quite similar for me (but I'll readily admit I'm no expert on these matters).

I mean, what the point for me to explain to my players that disciples exist if these guys never do anything ?

Thanks,

Philippe